digital timer question

i need a digital timer that is adjustable from 5 minutes minimum to 8 hours maximum. also, when the timer goes off, i need to trigger an audible alarm that will sound until manually reset. the application is a meat dehydrator that is 3 phase 208v although i could pull 120vac down. any ideas??

Reply to
scott canale

hours

alarm

dehydrator

Buy an industrial timer, or use two for more range.

NSM

I'm not normally a fan of Radio Shack, but they have a battery-operated digital timer that can be set up to 100 hours, in 1-second increments. It has an audible alarm that sounds when the timer expires. Catalog # 63-1601. See it at

Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in
the address)

DaveM

For a 3 phase 208 VAC system, an industrial timer is the best bet. You can preset it for the time desired, and then restart it as each load is cycled through. The RS one needs manual supervision.

NSM

The OP didn't specify that the timer be able to control the appliance... just that it provide an audible signal upon expiration of time. Nor was he specific about whether the timer actually needed to be run from the mains.

Sorry if I failed to read his mind properly... {;>)

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in
the address)

DaveM

he

I assumed that if it was a 3 phase 208 VAC system, and had cycle times like

5 minutes minimum to 8 hours maximum, he wouldn't want manual operation. N
Reply to
NSM

thanks guys!!! the customer wants the alarm to sound until the oven is manually turned off...thus preventing employees from just setting the timer and going home as well as preventing them from getting side-tracked before actually turning off the machine as may happen in the case of a momentary alarm.

Reply to
scott canale

turned

turning

IME you can train monkeys to do a better job than many employees. Trusting them for this stuff is a very bad idea. An industrial timer can do the job whether you want automatic or manual operation. I'd make the shutoff automatic, but sound an alarm until the process is reset. These timers are standard from many suppliers.

"E501 This model is an interval control. The load and timing cycle begins when the control start switch is energized. At the end of the timing cycle, the load shuts down with the switch in the normally open position. The E501 is great for timing many industrial processes. Timing range: 10 seconds to

12 hours"

NSM