Ferrups fes1.4kva batteries

Hi Folks: I think I just resurrected this Ferrups FES1.4KVA from the grave. It was never used, but sat in a building for over a year with no electric, not turned on, through the winter, until just recently. When turned on, it smoked is what I'm told. I found the batteries had leaked, were completely dead, and one electrically was just a shell with two posts, that wouldn't accept an amp of charge. 3 FETs were fried, which I replaced. I have a 50 amp linear supply that I've been using to test it, except the 50 amps doesn't seem to be enough to keep this thing idling - just running its' own fan! It is a ferro-resonant supply, so maybe this is normal. It may be just circulating current in the primary, but enough to make 12 gauge wires smoke with a real battery! The reason for the power supply is just my own paranoia, but everything does seem to work. I'm just concerned with this current draw. Is this normal? Thanks for any insight! Harry

Reply to
HarryHydro