Denon Surround Receiver Model AVR-1601

I am looking for suggestions as to where to begin on servicing this receiver.It powers up for a short period.5 seconds or so, enough to initiate a system's test of sorts then powers down to a standby mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
David Lalonde

Are you a technician?

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

First place to look is for open fuses. Next, does a relay click, and then the unit depowers ? If so, primary of main ( not standby ) power transformer may be open. It's quite common for primaries to fail open on Denons of various models. Fault monitoring circuitry checks rails after main power relay closes, and if any ( or all ) are missing, unit drops back to standby. Failing this, it's going into output protect. As Mark says, you might struggle, particularly with a Denon, if you are not an experienced engineer. They are not the most fix-friendly of designs ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks for this Guy's Fuses are alright, Relay is also ok, I guess I will begin at main power trans as you suggest.

Dave

Reply to
David Lalonde

I'd be happy to help with a couple more suggestions if I knew you could solder, read a schematic, etc.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

I will welcome any sugesstions you care to offer.Schematics are not an issue !

Thanks Dave

Reply to
David Lalonde

Look for bad 1 ohm resistors in the regulated power supply. They should be changed to 0.22 ohm 1 watt flameproof.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias