Dell 1504fp (LCD) keeps going to standby??

helo, I have a Dell 1504fp (15" LCD Monitor). After it has been on for an hour or so, it goes to standby. standby button brings it out for a sec, then back out. I am guessing something is overheating. The design prevents me running it with the circuitboards exposed so I cant use hot air/freeze spray to track down component.

Any ideas where to look? what type of components are likely candidates?

All help appreciated.

Michael.

Reply to
Michael

Mike Berger

Hello, I managed to run it with the boards exposed. I have checked all electrolytics for esr and shorts (all ok). Sprayed freeze spray over of the components (few at a time, then in a desperate attempt- all at once)- no improvement seen?? Guess it cant be an overheating problem (unless it's inside the actual LCD panel- didnt spray that cos it would probably be damaged).

It's got me stumped!!

Reply to
Michael

This is a long shot but maybe it is an issue with your video card. Try it on another pc and see what happens.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy