Dell (sony) trinitron P991 monitor not "starting up"

When I brought my monitor out of power-saving mode, it wouldnt start up. It sounding like there was a relay clicking on and off repeatedly followed by electrical sounds characteristic of when the monitor is first powered on (hum followed by high-pitched "charging" sounds).

I ran the monitor at 1600x1200 @ 75Hz and it would be powered on all the time (power save mode when im not around). It was plugged into a belkin kvm switch (works with other monitors) and the problems are still there when i disconnect the monitors video.

When I look into the unit through the vents i see no sparks, smoke, nor do i smell anything burning.

Reply to
invalidbuffalo