Dell's first attempt to market perpetual motion

I read on a black history site once that a black man...George Washington Cleveland Jefferson Evans...actually invented a perpetual motion machine is 1875 but the white man burnt his home lab down in order to keep this revolutionary device from being invented with the credit going to an african american.....~:>

I would have at least went in and took all his research materials..working models etc... before lynching him and his family then burning his house down.

Reply to
cornytheclown

A recall would presumably be replacing 'dodgy' units I suppose.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Perpetual motion machines seem like a perfect way to keep black men from making a living assuming that is your aim!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

No

Thank you very much for the powerstream link, Very good place for answers to many of long term questions. They have some great online calculators .

Reply to
NN

Sounds like a fishermans tale to me... You should have seen the size of the one that got away.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

No, it was the first over unity machine, and it worked so well that the excess energy set the house on fire.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Lithium Batteries.

Inside the battery there is monitoring circuitry to monitor each cell's terminal voltage. If the terminal voltage deviates slightly from the designed terminal voltage, either above or below by approx 0.05Volt, Lithium metal is deposited out of solution onto one of the electrodes. As internally the battery is moist, as it has to be (Electrolyte), even if only a gell, the Lithium metal reacts violently resulting in a fire. This why a Lithium cell shuts down when there is a slight failure, rather than dying slowly as in NiMh or NiCd batteries. Also if the battery gets too hot in operation, it gets to a point where thermal runaway occurs, simply making itself hotter by itself. Lithium metal deposition once again will occur resulting inb a fire.

Jim.

--
radio jim
Reply to