When did Motorola 6811/12 come into market first?

Hi, I have question for embedded systems veterans: When did Motorola 6811/12 come into market first? Was it available since January 1997 to work commercially? Thanks in advance, Abhi

Reply to
Abhi

The 68HC11 (some members) date(s) from the mid-1980s. The 68HC12 is much more recent, maybe 1996 or 1997.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

IIRC, the 68HC11 arrived around '83-84. I was doing a high-volume project around then, lusted after the HC11, couldn't afford it, moved on (to the Hitachi 68301X/Y).

The 68HC12 came along *much* later. Mid 90s?

Steve

steve at fivetrees

I seem to remember it being launched in the UK in 86 or 87 with a design competition whose prize was a Canon AE-1. (which apparently contained an HC11).

Same here. Only "lusted" would be putting it too strongly.

Same here.

Cheers TW

Reply to
Ted Wood

In '83 I was working in Chicago; I'm pretty sure I saw a preliminary spec/design article for the chip whilst I was there. My memory may be playing tricks. (But see Denis's post re EDN - which may well have been what I saw.)

Heh ;). I enjoyed those... and we shipped an awful lot of them. Did you use their ICE boards?

Nowadays my CPU family of choice is the H8 - I guess that makes me a longterm Hitachi man ;).

Steve

steve at fivetrees

Would you consider scanning these and posting them somewhere for us?

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Brian Aase

Nah. Pentica Mime (600? memory failing :) ) Emulator. Not a bad bit of kit for its time. Apart from the R/~W line being 300ns slow on the

6809/6309 model.

Cheers

TW

Reply to