dead diodes?

Can anyone please confirm whether following microwave oven components are out

-rectifier hvr062 (2x062h 802):tested with analog ohm meter-short both directions

-diode hvr1x80195:..open in both directions (is there another 9kv,450 ma diode?)

Reply to
anglomont

Didn't check the number but assuming it's a diode, it is Dead.

May be good. Forward voltage drop is higher than the voltage supplied by your ohmmeter.

There's plenty of 12 kV 500 mA diodes.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

If the one that's short is the series reccy for the mag's HT supply, be aware that the mag itself may also be faulty, as that is sometimes the cause of the diode failing in the first place.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Definitely bad!

Most likely good because you need a high voltage meter for that.

I use a megga meter (analog deflective meter)that has DC output to test things like that. it generates 500 VDC..

"

Reply to
Jamie

Has anyone ever come up with a good explanation as to how that happens?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

I don't know Sam. It's hard to see what kind of failure of a mag could result in it pulling enough current to destroy the diode. Maybe it's a flashover thing ? Although I understand the basic principles of the magnetron and how it works as a power oscillator, I don't understand it in enough detail to know what limits the current drawn, other than the magnetic shunts on the HT tranny's core. I'm sure someone else on here will know ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily