CTC 169 AJ Chassis Problem

This is a continuation of my "OnScreenDisplay" problem from the past.

Things have gotten worse, with additional related problems. It all points to the 40 pin "System Control" IC, U3101 Listed in the field service manual as Stock Number 202017.

The part is no longer available from RCA/ProScan.

The set works fine except for the OSD, and now some channel selections as well.

If anyone has one of these parts around, I would be interested in buying it.

If anyone has a CTC 169 AJ chassis in a set being scrapped, I would be interested in that as well. (I can pull the controller chip out.)

Thanks for any help whatever. I'd hate to scrap this otherwise fine set.

- Matt Baum (201)666-9207

Reply to
MattBaum