Crystal osc in a toaster?

What does it do exactly?

Timer? Protection circuit of some kind?

Reply to
Meat Plow

How fancy are the electronics? Many may have a simple CPU and programming. Also, I think federal standards require an automatic shutdown after a certain amount of time to prevent fires.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:14:47 -0400, Meat Plow put finger to keyboard and composed:

Maybe all of the above. A uP could also vary the heating time based on the initial temperature of the toaster element.

This toaster actually sniffs the toast:

Auto-lowering intelligent toaster:

Intelligent toaster brands toast with your custom logo:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Blimey, just touch a button and the toast automatically lowers. Wow.

"Crumpet Control" was my favourite.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis