CRT tube - Releasing vacuum for tube removal/disposal

  1. remove back cover of unit.
  2. take outside
  3. toss into skip /dumpster/bin hard , tube neck downwards. the end.

Its more fun to use a very small triangle file. File a groove in the seal at the end of the neck, till it just barely starts to hiss, then see people running out every door. Yes, I DO have a very warped sense of humor, but I have done this a few times. One of them hissed for days.;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

YOU TOO !!! :-) I used to take the pliers and crunch the nipple off the back and let it hiss and some people would freek out and get back .

Reply to
Ken G.

The file gives a very faint hiss. First they are looking for the sound, then they freak out. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida