Cloud on rear projection TV screen

Hello folks- A customer complained about a "cloud" on his 52" RPTV. I checked the TV and saw that he indeed has what looks like grey dirt, which looks like a cloud. This dirt is visible only on bright scenes. I cleaned the screen and the lenses (outside only) without success. Can dirt inside one of the lenses cause this ? Or, is it possible dirt somehow found its way inside between the fresnel and the outside screen ? Or maybe his cleaning habits did permanent damage to the lenticular screen ? One thing is for sure: the "cloud" is there. I'm trying to avoid any unnecessary disassembly. Thanks for your opinions.

moonlite

Reply to
moonlite

Dirt can get between the two screens or on the mirror, also bacterial growth in the coolant is fairly common but when that happens it usually doesn't affect all colors the same, generally green and blue get cloudy.

Reply to
James Sweet