Cleaning the whole path on Hi8/Dig8 camcorders

Please pardon my ignorance, but I can't find a diagram online. Could someone clarify what (where) all these parts are on a Hi8/Dig8 camcorder or send a link to a diagram? All of these should be cleaned if one suspects a "dirty" camcorder, correct?

Thanks! Tom

Reply to
t maximus

As someone who had repaired over a thousand of these these, most tracking issues are worn parts that affect tape alignment including backtension issues, or the wholesale failure of the smd electrolytic caps. Let it run a bit and take deep sniff. If it smells like low tide inside your caps all need to be changed. On Sonys, that could be 60 plus capacitors. The head chips in the drum are extraordinarily fragile, so be careful when cleaning the drum. As far as the service data, most of them were hard copies that I discarded long ago, and the one you need may only be available in paper. Life is too short for me to ever take another one of those things apart again.

Reply to
ohg...