Circuit info needed for Hohner guitar amplifier model RW50RC

Hi, All!

I'm trying to fix this RW50RC Hohner Rockwood amplifier, The symptoms are no signal, although the output stage is clearly working OK. I've done a google but can't find circuit info, Any help appreciated. Thanks Pete

E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
3T39

Check if there is an 'effects loop' usually a pair of jack sockets. It might be that the contacts on one of the sockets is dirty. You can prove it by inserting a short jack to jack lead between the two sockets

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

Is it a tube output?

Reply to
PainintheAmp

Many thanks for those responses guys, It's appreciated, Ron, There are seven jack sockets at the back of the unit, the usual Headphone and Chorus and Reverb pedals the other four are marked - send- return - line out - and overdrive pedal. Is it the send and return that you mean? do I link them together? There is also a steel box on the bottom of the cabinet with two phono sockets which connect to the main amp, I assume this is the chorus unit? PainintheAmp - No it's not tubes the output devices are just transistors a

2SD718 and a 2SB688 At the moment I have the whole thing dismantled for inspection and so far I've found a couple of dry joints on a small panel marked rate- and - depth, I'm hoping that this is the only problem as everything else looks OK so far. But I can't test it properly till I've got it back together. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again, Pete
Reply to
3T39

Yes to the send/return sockets, when you insert a jack into one of the sockets, it disconnects the pre-amp from the output stage, linking the sockets together provides a signal path. It`s very common for the swithing contacts on the jack sockets to give trouble.

The metal box in the bottom of the amp is the reverb spring tank.

Ron

--

Hello, Ron(UK)! You wrote on Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:30:20 +0000 (UTC):

RU> Yes to the send/return sockets, when you insert a jack into one of RU> the sockets, it disconnects the pre-amp from the output stage, linking RU> the sockets together provides a signal path. It`s very common for the RU> swithing contacts on the jack sockets to give trouble.

RU> The metal box in the bottom of the amp is the reverb spring tank.

Thanks for that info Ron, I appreciate you taking the time, Regards, Pete

Reply to
3T39