changing flat cable on printer cartridge?

Has anyone tried this with a hp51626 inkjet cartridge -how is it attached to the printing head? thanks

Reply to
j_slobo

Are you really talking about the cartridge or the *carriage* (the unit that the cartridge slots into) ? If you are talking about the cartridge I suggest it is impossible to do. If you are talking about the carriage then you probably need to change the whole carriage since the cable is usually bonded at the carriage end, replacing the carriage on some HP printers is fairly straightforward. Tony

Reply to
Tony

and impratical. What possible reason would you need to change the cable on a cartrige. You would have to have another cartrige to get the replacement cable so why not just use the replacement. He must be talking about the ribbon cable on the carrage.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

It is not possible to replace the flex cable on the cartridge. It has a number of tab gold bonds that are ultrasonically welded to the printhead silicon as well as a protective covering of encapsulant that keeps ink out of the electronics.

Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

Reply to
Bob Headrick