Pioneer DEH-7400 Display Malfunction

Hey everyone!

I've had the above unit for 3 years, and for the last 1.5 yrs, the display has stopped working. Everything else works fine, flawlessly - even though the display is not functional, i can adjust bass, sound, etc. (takes practice as there are 7 'screens' to 'scroll' through :)

Here's the kicker, when it's hot (after driving for a while in the summer, or when the car heat is on for 30 - 45 min) the display starts to flicker back on, and then works fine! Even after stopping/powering down for a few minutes, and then back on, it works great! Then, once it cools, the display malfunctions.

I'm pretty handy with electronics, so if anyone could point me in the right direction (similiar experience?) I'll attempt a repair. It's something contracting/expanding in dere...

Thanks and cheers!!

Matt

Reply to
msalki

Is it a flourescent vacuum display? I'd suspect electrolytic capacitors in the circuit supplying the filaments.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D