cd reader dead ?

the screen of the CD player have a bright light but not function. I changed all the push buttons, nothing and nothing! the radio portion works very well. Do you have a solution?

Reply to
Daniel Olivares

Details would help (what kind of player is it?). Is there a disk in the drive? Can you eject the disk and try another? A scratch or dirt can make a disk unreadable, and some players will keep trying anyhow. And, some kinds of mechanical jam won't eject the disk, so either disassembly or use of a mechanical eject (not motorized, you just put a stiff wire into the right hole to release the disk) will be required.

Reply to
whit3rd

I'd have to repair first the Xtall ball, and they are mightily expensive.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

On some of these readers, depending upon the compression type or file type used, some cd players won't read that cd. Example if not an .mp3 reader, will not read an mp3 disk. So, make sure the material is compatible with the reader. Everything else as generalized in the other responses apply as well.

Good Luck.

Charles Lucas

Reply to
Charles Lucas

the only time the screen is on is when i select usb/mp but not working. When I select the CD reading function, the screen does not light up and nothing works

Reply to
Daniel Olivares

after checking ..the only time the screen is on is when i select usb/mp but not working. When I select the CD reading function, the screen does not light up and nothing works

Reply to
Daniel Olivares

Model and type number.

Perhaps it's looking for a usb re-flash.

RL

Reply to
legg