Casiowriter CW-16 User Manual..

know when its a waste

Main Frame Computers, AI10 Radar, oil survey gear, Guided missiles, Office equipment, Calculators, its goes on and on..

I was even offered a job in Tampa and Miami and turned down a job in Bahamas, can you beat that..?

Yes but I am in New Zealand not the USA the freight will kill it.

Reply to
Ken Yates

do know when its a waste

equipment, Calculators,

can you beat that..?

I rarely talk about it and can't tell you everything, but since you've asked:

I was awarded the MOS of broadcast engineer as a civilian acquired skill by the US Army in August 1972, after testing out of the three years course at Ft. Monmoth, New Jersey. I worked with microwave CARS band equipment, CATV systems for the ETV system, and to provide weather data to all the airfields and Pilot's ready rooms around Ft. Rucker, Al. I also repaired some older military RADAR systems when they were shorthanded. They got pissed when i told them that a RADAR system was a stripped down TV system, and even more pissed when I could take a couple measurements and find the trouble while they were still unpacking their custom test sets.

I installed the world's first emergency alert system that took control of a CATV system in an emergency or state of alert. It was fed from the control center of the base ETV complex, and put the same audio and video on all channels.

At the next base (Ft. Greely), I had it easy. I rebuilt the radio and TV stations, as well as producing and directing a live newscast every night, while manning the engineering department by myself while working about 70 hours a week. I was promoted twice that year, and received a letter of commendation from the commanding general of the three US Army bases in Alaska for doing "Depot Level" work at an isolated base that existed to do real life cold weather testing on equipment the military was considering. (A piece of WWII history: The base was a US air force base in WWII. It was the site that Russian pilots picked up the US built planes in the "Lend Lease" program". The building I worked in was their mess hall in WWII. Also, the planes were flown to Alaska by women pilots, because an man who could fly a plane had either joined the service, or had been drafted.)

After the service, I owned an industrial electronics service company. I had almost 200 schools under contract, and a lot of the local paper mills, along with the steel mill.

I was an engineering tech at Microdyne I did most of the work on a custom built 40 MHz bandwidth audio, video and data KU band communications system for the International Space Station. It is used for private video uplink, and to upload new data to the onboard computers and experiments. They used our standard version receiver for the ground links. It was a highly modified Microdyne 700 series unit that we shipped to Lockheed martin to be mounted into the custom aluminum rack cages used aboard the ISS. Can you tell me the available voltage on the stations power buss? I already know.

I was also involved with the Microdyne MFR turnkey NOAA earth station for Wallops Island, Virginia, and both the fixed and mobile Microdyne earth stations we shipped to Italy for the European Space Agency.

I built a TV station from scratch in Destin, Florida (Ch 58) I engineered at Ch 55 in Orlando, Florida and was offered the job of Chief engineer at a Tampa, Florida TV station.

I did contract engineering at a number of radio stations, until I ended up on 100% disability. Its not what I wanted to hear, that i could no longer do the work I love, but would be limping around on a cane, and unable to use my left hand to hold tools because of nerve damage.

I turned dow a design engineering job in Atlanta, and another to service the video, sound and laser display systems for a company that installed the equipment all over the world, because I had a family member dying of cancer at the time. The Discotheques job required me to be ready to fly anywhere in the world on two hours notice. I told them no, even though the pay was over $100,000 in the mid '80s. Money isn't everything to me. Family was worth a lot more.

There other things I've done, but I doubt that you have the proper US security clearance to hear about them and I certainly can't talk about them on an open newsgroup.

So, you're too damn lazy to email the seller to see if he will scan it and sell you a copy?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

need to send this

for one..

My good deed for the day -

( "someone, presumable in New Zealand, kindly scanned many of the earlier Casio User Manuals" -

Casio NZ document search -

)

Reply to
joe_90

But this is impossible woger said so

Then he said this

So you can't have got this link and the fact that we can see it is due to mass hypnosis.

--
*~~~~~~~~~~Thor
Reply to

need to send this

for one..

THANKS very very much, my Wife will be very Please as its for one of her grandchildren in the Philippines.

how did you find it..? I did look there, no subjects under Typewriters.

I am also after one for a CANON StarWriter 30, but that is for my Wife to use and learn to type when I am using the PC.

Reply to
Ken Yates

PLEASE READ, CASIO DO NOT LIST ANY TYPWRITERS, SEEMS THAT YOU DO NEED A BRAIN OR MAY BE ITS SLIPPED OUT OF GEAR, I DID VISITE THIS SITE AND DID SEACHES BUT NO HITS..

THE LINK IS NOT THERE DUMBO, YOU CAN'T FIND A LINK WHEN ITS NOT THERE CAN YOU..?

Reply to
Ken Yates

grandchildren in the

Of course the questions still remains as to what use it will be as you claim the ribbons/cartridges are no longer available for them.

Reply to
none

Most Kiwis have brains which function quite well. Are you an immigrant perhaps? Or the officially designated dumb ass?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

grandchildren in the

You're welcome.

Just checked out a few pages from a Google search and followed the leads.

In my experience, it's not often a net search ends up a complete failure. You may not find exactly what you're looking for, but the journey usually unearths some relevant information.

The key is to provide a good search expression and not be afraid to experiment by editing URL's.

and learn to type when

Ha! I'll leave you to take up that challenge.

Reply to
joe_90

I got an old Brother 'Wordprocessor" from a local refuse transfer-station a few years back. Orange plasma screen, showed about 5 lines IIRC, and a 3.5" floppy. Worked a treat. I emailed Brother NZ and they sent me out a 200+ page photocopy of the original manual FOC. I was very impressed with that (although the wordprocessor ended up in the wheelie bin a couple years later. Seems that nobody wanted it. The photocopied-on-one-side manual now serves as paper for notes, shopping lists etc.).

--
Shaun.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
Reply to
~misfit~

Agreed, excellent customer service from Brother.

It's so refreshing when you find a company that actually cares for its end users and offers a decent level of after sales support.

I see the trend amongst software producers these days is to provide a web based discussion forum and then answer technical support enquiries with standard form emails that simply refer the customer to the forum. Most unhelpful and disappointing when you're in a corner.

An expensive notepad (for Brother). You clearly 'owe' them a purchase ;-)

Reply to
joe_90

Up there with the best.

Yep. SOP these days though sadly. :-(

Yeah, I carry quite a bit of goodwill toward them for that manual. It wasn't a total waste, a friend used it for a year before he died but I couldn't find anyone else after that who'd take it, even free.

Cheers,