Capacitor Help...

I have an inverter board out of a LCD monitor with a bad cap.. I was wondering what value it is. It says "22k 3k v" I asume that means 22 Pico-Farads 10%tolerance and it is rated for 3000 volts.

Okay.. I'm posting pictures of the inverter board and was wondering if I should probably replace anything else.

Thanks for any help..

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

A guy here at work had the same problem, replaced the cap and the display was dim. He threw out the monitor.

Homer

Reply to
Homer

Why would he throw out a monitor because of a bad inverter board? It could have also had bad ccfl lamps, that would cause it to be dim.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

I think that is more likely to be a 22nF (22000pF) capacitor than a 22pF one.

Dave

Reply to
David C. Partridge

Most output caps on inverters are in the 22 - 47pf range @ 3KV depending on who designed the inverter. To see an example inverter schematic, do a search on AOC EN9110 Schematic. There are other inverter schematics out there but this one will give you a start. Dave

Reply to
Dave