Canon GL2 problems

My zoom/tele seems to have an issue. When I zoom in on an object it keeps going after I realse the button, then I can't tele out.

It is almost acting if it is automated or something, but sometimes it just zooms in all the way and is stuck there for 30sec to a minute, I can't do anything?

Any clues what might be causing this or something I can troubleshoot this with?

Reply to
VideoGoat