BWS688 is dead

Hi,

I have two BWS688 transmitters for one BWS688 receptor. One BWS688 transmitter works, but the other does not work. This is not a range question, as even if the BWS688 is placed very close to the main station (receptor), its signal is never received (or at least interpreted in some way). This is not a battery problem: I checked with new batteries. The red `RF REMOTE SENSOR' lamp lightens from time to time, just as with the other transmitter.

Thanks.

Reply to
Merciadri Luca

Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Huh? That does not bring some new info to the topic. I'm sorry too, but that does not take us further.

Reply to
Merciadri Luca

Oh,you wanted to go further? I just thought you were describing some equipment you had and how it did or didn't operate. What further did you want to know?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Why it does not work...

Reply to
Merciadri Luca

From your description, the transmitter portion seems to have a problem. Check the devices that do the final amplification.

Reply to
Meat Plow

You mean ... into the transmitter, right? How do I know which ones do this?

Reply to
Merciadri Luca

I would start with a schematic, decide what parts do what and make some tests with some gear I own designed to troubleshoot various problems occurring within the device. I'd look for correct voltages, what stages of the transmitter are operating nominally and then based on my findings decided a course of action.

By the way did you mention you have any test equipment or posses any troubleshooting skills or are you just an end-user?

Reply to
Meat Plow

.

Okay. I'm between the end-user and the elec guru. I'll try it. Thanks!

Reply to
Merciadri Luca

Luca, I know well enough Meat Plow, don't take him for a "rude" person. Still remember some answers given to another It ,an accountist who wanted to become an expert electronic tech in a couple of days. Was really fun to read his questions and M.P answers. Meat Plow, I guess, is the kind of person who deals with electronics after a lifetime of work and study and, just like me, gets irritaded from silly/ingenuous questions. Have a try, ask your questions on it.hobby.elettronica.riparazioni. You'll have less troubles in explaining the problem. Buona fortuna

Reply to
Vale

snipped-for-privacy@e21g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...

I wasn't trying to be rude or disingenuous I was using a little psychology. I don't know Mr. Luca or his technical abilities and he doesn't seem to understand the process of being as precise as possible when seeking some tech information. I did research his Blue Sky weather apparatus but I couldn't find enough info on it in English to be of help. Even if I were able to find english tech literature I don't think Mr. Luca has the skill set to sort out the problem with the proper references. I mentioned how I would go about evaluation and possibly repair to demonstrate the procedure and let him make up his mind if he was up to the task.

Reply to
Meat Plow

No problem. The fact is that I'm not an electronic guru, sure. Note that I'm not Italian, and that I consequently can't write topics in Italian.

Reply to
Merciadri Luca

I wouldn't consider myself a guru on anything but older( vintage) tube style guitar amps. It's hard to keep abreast of the wildly evolving technology unless you deal with it as employment and are sent to school on the stuff as a part of your job continuing education. That's why I'm stuck in the 60s,70s, and 80s. I'm now a hobby repair making a few spare bucks spending money but at times quite in demand for all sorts of vintage gizmos and amps. I like dealing with point to point wiring, standard PC board construction and don't like surface mount parts. Some say it's never too late to learn but the zeal of new technology service has long faded for me.

Reply to
Meat Plow

No problem. The fact is that I'm not an electronic guru, sure. Note that I'm not Italian, and that I consequently can't write topics in Italian.

Sorry Luca, your name & surname looks like just as mine, Italian. Go ahead, get passionated in electronics and for shure you'll became as expert as Meat Plow.... Can't help you with your gizmo, but it looks like it just doesn't transmit. You will need some skill to investigate the power out RF stage as well as the typical other basic circuits involved in p.s. Good luck!

Reply to
Vale

snipped-for-privacy@m4g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...

t.

Thanks both. Actually, I _can_ verify if measures are correct at the transmitter, but how can I know e.g. which voltages I should get between a point A and a point B, both points being well defined? There is absolutely no manual or tech. specs. for the transmitter.

@Vale: You couldn't guess that I'm not really Italian. That is, my name & surnames are Italian, but I'm not. But there is absolutely no problem to it. :)

Reply to
Merciadri Luca

messaggi>

Luca, I'll have a look around to see if I can find a diagram/repair manual for you. I've got a pair of hooks were to look at. I'll let you know.

You're from Liege,is it? I have been working several years around you and I met many Italians, born in Belgium but reluctant to define themselves Italians. Is it true, they are not and I don't blame at all. I'll let you know for the gizmo, I have a couple of friends working in that area, maybe they can give me access to the company database. Ciao

Reply to
Vale

But sure that I'm not. If it was my country of origin, I would not be ashamed to say it. Each nationality is equivalent.

at

Thanks.

Reply to
Merciadri Luca

at

Nice to hear that you came to Li=E8ge. This is a nice place.

Reply to
Merciadri Luca