infrared transmitters

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I am looking at building a 6 band infrared transmitter. Now it seems that most infrared beams are modulated via a high signal like

37Khz.

What I want to do is to transmit all the 6 bands at once but on different infrared frequencies. The frequencies would be for example:- 935,5 - 937,8 - 927,2 - 948,1 -

934,2 - 928,3 nm (nanometer) .

How can this be done?

Is there a meter that can be used to determin the frequency of infrared light?

Or is there a calculation that can be done to determin which components I would need?

Will the standard infrared emitters be capable of narrowed bandwidth like this?

Paul...

Reply to
Paul Horwood

You want to multiplex by optical frequencies? There is no simple way to do this. Standard emitters have way to wide a spectrum. It would require Laser emitters and even then the wavelengths listed are quite close together. Furthermore, it would take advanced optical processing, spectrum analysis, etc. to separate the signals when received. But, why do you want to do this? Why not multiplex with different modulation frequencies or multiplex with time division at a single mod. frequency. You need to be more specific about the information you want to transmit and its bandwidth and one of us can suggest how you might do it. Bob

Reply to
Bob Eldred

Why this approach? What are the 6 signals you're transmitting? Are they continuous (analogue) or discrete (digital)? What bandwidth? After analysing the problem, you might discover another solution e.g. time division multiplex.

To answer directly, I'm not aware of reasonable cost devices. There probably are expensive solutions, e.g. using filters, but filters with centre frequencies as you've shown (and narrow bandwidth as you've shown) will be costly.

Reply to
John Smith

By the looks of it I would need to use infrared filters over the emitters... Sounds more complicated than I expected... Think I will use another system..

Paul...

Reply to
Paul Horwood