two TVs on one line

Hi there,

I want to buy a second TV for my living room with the provision that it is going to be used as a second computer monitor on occasions. What kind of connector or adapter shall I put in the cable line to have them work independently. Where can I get one?

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

TV as a monitor? Yuck! Unless you buy an actual monitor TV, the resolution is going to be

800x600 from your computer ( DVD viewing is OK though). You'll need a TV with regular cable in AND a separate video in. Get a regular cable splitter for the television , you'll need a special video out card for your PC & then run a shielded RCA/RCA cable to the TV video in. Alternately, you could run the video to your TV via a VCR video in. Some PC cards have S-video out , in which case your second TV would obviously have to have an S-video in. You WILL have to configure the video card ( which can be a bitch at the best of times) Good luck with the really crappy desktop!

You'd be WAYYY better off getting a TV tuner card for your computer & a huge monitor!

Reply to


Bart, thanks very much. My desktop is not crappy though. It is a Dell with

2Mhz CPU speed and 1GB of RAM. I have a 21-in Dell Monitor with 1600x1200 max resolution which I actually use. Although I purchased it more than 4 years ago, I think, it is still considered top of the line by some. A service technician from my ISP came over to fix a problem and said that he never saw a PC that fast. I was very surprised because I considered it already obsolete. I will probably buy a new model next year.

I am planning to purchase SHARP, LC-20B6US AQUOS FLAT LCD TV 20". It has Pixel Resolution XGA (H1024 x RGB x V 768).

I need a TV next to my desktop and since I am about to purchase one I've decided to explore an opportunity to use it as a second monitor. I really appreciate your thorough consultation.

Reply to

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.