Bleutooth transceiver for non-bluetooh

Well, I looked and I found what I was asking about, at the bottom here, but since the post is written, I'm posting it.

I decided I want to look like one of the cool** young umppies who walk around with a headset all the time, so they can take important phone calls, so I'll look important too. And I wanted it before when I was using Skype a lot from the desktop PC.

But now I'm waiting for phone call and I want to take a bath -- oy is it humid! -- but if the call comes it's hard to hold the cordless phone in the bath, and anyhow, I think it would be nice if there was a bluetooth transceiver that would plug into the headset jack in my cordless phone.

Does anyone make such a thing?

**Yeah, I know "cool" is not cool anymore. That's why I need electronic help.

This is only $20, but it's only version 2.1. Is that real bad?

$70

$64

Yeah, it's probalby hard to keep the headset from getting wet in the tub too.

Reply to
Micky

The $20.00 Monoprice one only transmits audio from the attached device. I.E. You can listen but not talk.

Chuck

Ah. I can see that now. ;-( . I wouldn't want that then, but it sounds like a perfect present for my girlfriend.

Reply to
Micky

Now that I think some more, this one had the advantage that it would plug into my cordless phone, that has a jack, and I could take it anywhere the phone worked which is within 50 or 80 feet of the house, including the room with the bathtub. Of course, as you point out, I could only listen.

But the others plug into the phone line and only work within bluetooth range, 10? feet, of, I guess, my desk. If I got a lot of calls it could be worth it, but I don't. Oh, well. Extra money for candy.

I think the Avast signature doesn't get omitted when replying because there are 3 hyphens and not 2 plus a space.

Reply to
Micky