BC 142XL Scanner display problem

HI Anyone know where I could get a new red led display for this scanner. The bottom horizontal led is out making the numbers hard to interpret. Looks like a 16 pin display. tia...............

Reply to
rb

Do you really want to keep using something that obsolete, when for just a few bucks more you can buy a state of the art replacement?

If you so dearly want to keep using the BC142XL then here you go:

Travis Jordan

Didn't want to replace it , Wanted to fix it!

Reply to
rb

Let's assume you've correctly diagnosed the problem and that it isn't a driver transistor issue or a firmware glitch. In that case just buy the one listed on eBay for $10, take the display out and replace yours. That will be cheaper than buying a new display (if you could find one, which I doubt).

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Digi-Key will have something to replace it. Radio Shack catalog # 276-075 may work also ($1.79)

Reply to
Michael Ware

Thanks Michael............