LED display (MAN6730) problem

Hello,

I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989) which employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one of the displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common anode display (MAN6730) which has two segments burned out and is unavailable even from big suppliers like Farnell, probably due to the fact that it's obsolete. I was searching for replacement and currently there is no results.

This is the datasheet for MAN6700 family:

Does anyone knows which display can replace this one (MAN6730) or maybe how and where to obtain the original one or replacement ?

Thank you,

Hans

Reply to
Hans Wolfenstein

Hans Unicorn Electronics has the MAN6730 listed in their online catalog at

The description doesn't match the datasheet specs, particularly, Unicorn says it is a 24 pin mounting, and is common cathode. I see that there are other errors with the listing as well, so you might call or email them to verify if the item they list is really what you need. Unicorn has a $25.00 US minimum order, which makes for an expensive small order. Alternatively, Alltronics has an ORANGE display at
If you can live with the different colors in the display, then it will work. It's a MAN6630 type.

--
David
masondg44 at comcast dot net

Ebay search item no. 190278853251

JC

Reply to
Archon

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:46:29 +0200, Hans Wolfenstein put finger to keyboard and composed:

It crosses to an NTE3076:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

employs two LED displays

color common anode

from big suppliers

replacement and

and where to obtain

Two sellers on ebay.....Paul

catguy

Thanks ! This second one might be useful.

Reply to
Hans Wolfenstein

Thank you !

Is there any "NTE" replacement for MAN6700 ?

..

Hans

Reply to
Hans Wolfenstein

Thanks a lot. I think I will search for some other displays also from this guy.

Reply to
Hans Wolfenstein

employs two LED displays

RED color common anode

from big suppliers

for replacement and

and where to obtain

Thanks for the links. This guy on first link has lots of stuff to offer. :)

Regards,

Hans

Reply to
Hans Wolfenstein

No, but you can always chect the online reference yourself:

$$Search?OpenForm

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

I already did, and there is none.

Thanks.

Reply to