Battery replacement

I have a remote control car that has a dedicated control and receiver at some unknown to me frequency. Not bluetooth or wifi. It was a Christmas toy. It is a substantial car nearly 18" long. It uses a 8.4v nicad battery that I cannot find and really want to NOT use. I can get the battery specs if needed. The car is on vacation in the mountains right now. lol

I want to replace with Li Ion cell type.

I need help designing the replacement.

Suggestions or instruction please.

Reply to
Ralph