Battery question now becomes 1.9GHz telephone point!

FWIW On the AAA batteries in the Panasonic cordless phones,

i have received the new batteries and the telephone reception is still abou t the worst i have ever heard in my whole life, possibly longer!

Nothing to do with wrongly charging batteries, - which have admittedly been kept and always charged in the handsets throughout their lives.

There is a problem I didnt mention, which is that the base station became f looded and stopped charging its handset a few years ago. So we carried on u sing the external handsets for charging, which worked OK for a few years. T hen the problems began when we moved the units to a new home. SO either th e corroding from the flood which destroyed the base station charging circui ts has now (eg) got into pots all over the whole circuit board OR the new h ome cant handle a 1.9 GHz setup? There is unfortunately a 15% chance of th is!

So I checked the reviews for these DECT units, noted which gave supposedly lousy reception and bought cheaply another one in a model which gets genera lly good reception reviews.

[Is someone going to advise that these similar units from the same manufact urer with different features all have the same basic circuitry and in reali ty all give the same performance anyway? And that the real problem may be t hat some homes handle 1.9 better while other homes handle 2.4 or 5.8, - or even 900 better?]
Reply to
Amanda Riphnykhazova