Tek TPS20xx battery life? JL?

I bought a Tek TPS2012 scope (not sure; maybe 2 years ago) for one of my techs. He hasn't used it very much, but its battery is kaput - it won't even boot unless the plugged into the charger. The charging indicator immediately indicates that it's fully charged (solid green).

We should probably try to repeat these conditions so we can verify that the battery is actually getting charged and is dropping when loaded. The battery terminals are inaccessible when not plugged in :(

What I'd like to know is - is this normal behavior for this unit?

Thanks for your info! -F

Reply to
Frank Miles

ARe you sure it even has a battery in it?

I know we have shady people working with us, batteries have a way of finding new homes.

But, lets assume there is a battery in it, yes, batteries can drop off the face of the earth when left plugged in all the time.. Also, you could have a charging circuit failure.., something that happens also, when the battery goes bad, it won't even attempt to charge. And then again, it could be defective, period!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

A couple of months ago, "JW" asked about replacement batteries for a Tek TPS2024. From Googling, I think Inspired Energy is probably the original supplier. A place called Fedco Electronics has a knockoff. More info and links in my previous post: or

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Thanks, Matt, for the helpful link. We'll be checking the charger circuit but presumably need a new battery.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank Miles