Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 4600

The cassette deck in this set has auto switch and at the moment, it won't play, fast forward or rewind. Press the pushdown knobs and the knobs just click back up after about 1 or 2 seconds. Now what has happenned? Keep pressing the knobs down and they click continuously every 2 seconds. Nothing works inside, motor wheels and capstan don't move at all. I reckon even the motor does not even try to move. Maybe its jammed by 30 years of not moving? Electrical failure, short circuit? Could the belt bursting or falling off cause this? Can it be the electronic circuit or relays cause this? Please help. My 30 year old TEAC cassette deck had almost the same problem, but it was an obvious main belt breakage. I changed the belt, got it to work again, but never can have the speed and response beck to original as it needs re-adjustment of the electronic and physical alignments. My new belt is not original and can be marginally too tight or too loose.

Reply to
hocky4711

Most likely your tape machine needs new belts, and maybe other parts to be changed. Then it should have the proper adjustments done to it. It would be best to have an experienced service technician who has the proper tools, and knows the B&O audio equipment to properly service it.

At the same time, it may be worth your while to have your other tape machine serviced at the same time.

Jerry G.

hocky4711 wrote:

Reply to
Jerry G.