AV switchers

I have a few new in box AV switch units that i got for a project that fell though. It has 4 sets of RCA AV inputs and 2 sets of outputs (RCA). Has infrared wireless remote. About the size of a small cable TV box. Made by everquest. $30 each.

Bob

Bob Urz

Is anyone interested in composite video these days?

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The box could just as easily switch stereo audio too. Still a lot of people out there with composite stuff. But the times they are a changing. I went through today some old 27" TV cores i had and trashed one and fixed another If i cannot fix it seat of the pants in an hour or two without a schematic it gets trashed. Just not worth getting prints (if you don't have them already) on a 10 to 15 year old tv. I save vital parts out of the trashed units so i can put junk parts in the possible restorable ones so i am not wasting too much money. Hell, i am lucky to get 75 to $100 out of a 25/27" these days.

Bob

Bob Urz

Must both outputs be tied to the same input? Are the audio inputs/outputs stereo?

--
GO ALINGHI! Beat the Kiwis.
Reply to

The audio is stereo in and out along with a video feed (all RCA JACK). Not sure about the routing at this pin without opening the box.

Bob

Bob Urz

I have a couple of this type distribution amp in my home. They are all

4-channel devices, and switching is performed by channel. IOW, channel 1 video and audio are switched to the common output connectors. You can't mix feeds, like audio from channel 1 and video from channel 3.

Unless I'm seriously mistaken, your units operate the same way, except they have two outputs instead of just one. The selected channel's audio and video are switched to both outputs simultaneously.

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.
Reply to
DaveM