Shit. Fuck no. Not bastard even.

:^)

Tim

Tim Williams

Did Phil Allison inspire this thread?

Reply to
ian field

No

The thread "The mechanism behind bouncing" over in basics did.

I went over to alt.flame to see how the experts do it. They could learn from the electronics groups.

Newsgroups
default

What are you looking for?

1) Positive correlation? 2) Negative correlation? 3) Behaved "beehive" - ie bounds on one parameter guarantees bounds on the other? 4) Zero correlation?
Reply to
Robert Baer

Reality is that Tourettes is so rare that it is unlikely that a person with it would actually be posting here. It was intended as a comment on how quickly a discussion can become a name-calling flame war.

Should possible to vehemently disagree without a lot of name calling in these groups.

I wonder about the psychology of that. What would cause an otherwise rational person resort to disparaging invective if someone disagrees? Right or wrong shouldn't matter . . .

Fragile egos? Need to prove oneself to others? Inferiority complex?

Newsgroups
default

Its so much easier to call someone a dumbass when they can't punch your lights out!

Reply to
ian field

I doubt it's worth looking for - I think the trolls are merely assholes; there are a few in every crowd.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It's the vocabulary. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

They're fuckheads? ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You don't have to be obscene to be offensive.

Quoting "Uncle Al" describing "Archimedes Plutonium" on sci.chem:

"I cannot believe how incredibly stupid Archie-Poo is. I mean rock-hard stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. Surface of Venus under 80 atmospheres of red hot carbon dioxide and sulfuric acid vapor dehydrated for 300 million years rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different sensorium of stupid. Archie-Poo is trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid so collapsed upon itself that it is within its own Schwarzschild radius. Black hole stupid. Stupid gotten so dense and massive that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Archie-Poo emits more stupid/second than our entire galaxy otherwise emits stupid/year. Quasar stupid. Nothing else in the universe can be this stupid. Archie-Poo is an oozingly putrescent primordial fragment from the original Big Bang of Stupid, a pure essence of stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that define maximally extrapolated hypergeometric n-dimensional backgroundless stupid as we can imagine it. Archie-Poo is Planck stupid, a quantum foam of stupid, a vacuum decay of stupid, a grand unified theory of stupid."

Reply to
Richard Henry

I think sexually laden language has become so common that it has become an un-noticed part of everyday language, almost like punctuation.

You may be thinking "Oh huge melons, can that be true?!"

In a thigh, yes.

Of course those of us who oh my god oh my god you're the best grew up with the increasingly permissive media don't notice it much at all. Slightly older generations of electronic take me take me roughly from behind engineers do notice it a bit more.

I've noticed that Wikipedia often blames vandals for the occasional obscenity on vandals, but I suspect that it may big floppy donkey dick be simply the unconscious typing that only gets noticed when the original writer comes in spurts over reading the text later on with a fresh eye.

Has anyone else noticed this lipstick around the nipples sort of thing elsewhere, or is it just a figment of the imagination?

Reply to
Kryten

Exit light Enter night Take my hand Off to never never land...

Reply to
maxfoo

metallica D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Hush little baby, dont say a word And never mind that noise you heard Its just the beast under your bed, In your closet, in your head...

Reply to
maxfoo

Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird. And if that little bird don't sing Then its little neck I'll wring.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Newsgroup Wacko

Practice on a rubber chicken first.

Reply to
ian field

Too late! He already smoked it. :(

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell