Auto Iris CCTV Video Camera Lens Pinout Old Cosmicar TV Pinhole similar to C30904

I'd like to know if anyone could point me to info regarding the 5-wire circuit in this older, discontinued Cosmicar pinhole video camera lens.

The unpowered state of the iris is closed, and by carefully applying some voltages, after making some resistance checks, I was able to open the iris. I can use the lens with the iris open, but if I could find out the correct cable connections, this may allow me to use the auto-iris feature as intended.

The specs I've found for the C30904 (similar model) are: Format: 2/3" Iris: Auto/Video (I believe this means the iris is driven by the camera's video level)

Externally, the markings consist of: Cosmicar Pinhole TV Lens EX 9mm 1:3.4 Made in Japan Marked holes for adjusting Level and ALC pots on the circuit board The overall length is about 6.5".

Inside the lens housing, I've found the following circuit board markings: Servoeye EX PC-50 S-208985

The connector that was on the lens cable was a mini Hirose 6-pin, with only

3 wires connected, and didn't appear to be a factory-installed original connector.

The wires in the cable are: Black Red Green White Yellow

The 3 wires that were connected in the Hirose connector were Black, Red and White.

Applying 5-9Vdc to the blk(-) and red(+), the iris will open (full open at about 9V).

When grn is connected to blk (-) (with voltage applied at blk/red), the iris closes.

A voltage output is seen on whi and yel of about 2V with 5V applied to blk/red, or about 3V with 9V applied to blk/red.

BTW, I've seen commercial converters for sale, for changing between video and DC controlled auto-iris types.

-- Cheers, WB .............

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Red 9 to 12 Volts + Black 0 Volts White Video signal Green High to force iris open. Yellow Don't Know!

Hope that helps

John.

Reply to
John Ferrier

On Sat, 22 May 2010 18:36:58 -0400, "Wild_Bill" put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW, a Google search for "Servoeye EX" turns up the following:

RCA TC1816 TC1816C TV Lens, 16mm 1:1.4

RCA TC-2012/U 2/3" CCTV camera RCA TC1816C "SERVOEYE-EX" auto shutter lens for TC-2012

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar