Apex GT2015DV DVD problem

A dvd has gotten stuck inside my TV/DVD combo set and I was wondering if anyone had dealt with this before and might have some suggestions on how to get it out. The tray opens and closes perfectly and the DVD will play without any problems. The only problem is that when I open the tray, it comes out empty and the DVD is still inside the set.

Thanks,

Jim

--
superx1840
Reply to

superx1840: Well... it is good that you have not yet forced anything... you could ruin the DVD disc and the DVD player. If you are mechanically inclined, unplug the unit from the AC power and open it up. After a visual inspection you should see what the next logical dis-assembly step is. If it is not obvious then by all means do not proceed.... as I said before, you could ruin the disc and the DVD player... AND if you are not careful with the DVD player disassembly you could also render the VCR inoperative. If this is the case and you are not certain how to proceed, STOP, TAKE it to a repair shop for the proper disassembly, removal of your disc, repair if needed, and re-assembly. My shop does these combo units all the time. If nothing is forced, the whole procedure will usually cost no more than a cleaning but if you screw things up first then take it to the shop it will be much more expensive to fix and you may end up without your favorite disc. electricitym - - - -- -

superx1840 wrote:

Reply to
electricitym