Anyway to fix the push button switches in my Panasonic phones?

Have quite a few landline Panasonic Easa-Phones, Model KX-T2315

REALLY like these units and want to keep. The pushbotton switches have become unreliable, often yielding two numbers and sometimes not even registering! The worst offenders are the telephones that haven't been used for a while.

Any way to fix? I've tried contact cleaner injected in but that hasn't taken.

Could be the type of cleaner, or the method of doing, or there simply is no more 'contact' left in the switches. But since using over and over seems to almost repair, suspect should be able to do something.

help!

Reply to
RobertMacy

I too have quite a few and like the system. I've purchased broken and surp lus phones and simply replace the culprit buttons when they go out. Parts are probably no longer available and I don't see any reason to attempt to c lean them when the issue is wear.

Yours truly, Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Reply to
Klay Anderson

I have one of those. It's a good phone well worth fixing. I don't want to take mine apart as long as it's working.

See exploded view of keyboard section: It uses individual "sealed" switches, which might be replaceable or cleaned. I can't tell from the manual.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Have quite a few landline Panasonic Easa-Phones, Model KX-T2315

REALLY like these units and want to keep. The pushbotton switches have become unreliable, often yielding two numbers and sometimes not even registering! The worst offenders are the telephones that haven't been used for a while.

Any way to fix? I've tried contact cleaner injected in but that hasn't taken.

Could be the type of cleaner, or the method of doing, or there simply is no more 'contact' left in the switches. But since using over and over seems to almost repair, suspect should be able to do something.

help!

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

I believe wear is involved, but what really caught my attention was that the least used phone is the one that does NOT work well. Swapped out so it got daily use, and it came back a bit and the other phone has quit - making me think/hope maybe there is a 'crud/corrosion' build up? And, these phones may be salvageable.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Thanks ! The second URL I got a manual. You know I'm on dial-up here and that first URL still had not filled a single image even after 10 minutes so had to give up. Plus, these webpages don't even download in the background, no, they hog the browser, hang it up, freeze the cursor, can't even go off and work on other applications. Just have to sit there and ...wait.

I don't know how you find all these worthwhile websites so fast. But thanks again for the manual.

Reply to
RobertMacy

GREAT! Thanks for that URL!

interestingly no picture of the part, their picture is a symbol.

but nt a bad price either. will have to call.

Reply to
RobertMacy

GREAT! Thanks for that URL!

interestingly no picture of the part, their picture is a symbol.

but nt a bad price either. will have to call.

That's the part number given in the service manual which you can download here:

Hope it is the right one and available!

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

  1. A fast internet connection. DSL at home. Cable modem at office.
  2. I like to use Google image search. Finding a picture of what you want is much easier than reading pages of text excerts. My first link was an example, which admittedly might be too much for dialup.
  3. I use the various Google search operators:
  4. I sometimes use Blekko instead: