anyone seen this yet?

'short neck' CRTs! predictably, slated due to poor geometry. see what you think.

I never liked samsung sets much. I recently worked on a Samsung cw28

100hz set, that had a dreadful smeary picture (when working!), almost as bad as a plasma. A cheaper model also recently came in with a h-k short - chassis was turkish onwa type, like those found in supermarket tvs.

-b.

Correct! Stubby CRT with 170 deg (guessing) = FUZZY at corners & convergence out the window.

Plus typical digital processing on video made mess of the image too. Not just Samsungs, many including Sonys.

I had 30" samsung in for the repair, exact design in that link. YUK!!

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.