Adret 742 Instructions manual

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a Adret 742 Instruction manual or service manual in English. I have the French ones but they are a knightmare to read and/or understand, even translating them makes no sense. Anyway, here's hoping, all the best.

Reply to
bloke

Rebadge name? Googling via language invariant specific term in the manual you have?

Reply to
N_Cook

Perhaps if you took off your visor...

People often think manuals from Japanese or German companies are hard to understand because of language differences. This is not so. If you read them carefully, it's usually apparent that the writer has no idea how to present the material in any language, even their own.

I find it incredible that (for example) Canon and Olympus refuse to hire native-English writers with a background in photography to at least /edit/ their manuals. I don't think it's the cost -- they're simply afraid of losing face.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

It's also possible that inferior, obsolete and incomplete languages just can't express modern concepts.

I love how the word "computer" just is misspelling of sorts outside English. That's how uncreative everybody else is.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

On Sun, 6 May 2012 06:02:58 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader put finger to keyboard and composed:

The Latin word is "computatrum".

In Slavic languages, "computer" translates to "racunalo" or "racunalnik" or "pocitac", for example.

In Spanish it is "ordenador".

Therefore, ISTM that English is the "uncreative" language.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

So what do they call computers in spain or whatever yugoslavia is called these days?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Stolen, mostly.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

Hi, I know its a long time ago but are you still after this manual? I may be able to help. Regards

Reply to
bristol.rell6l

I've been looking for a copy of the Adret 742A op/service manual(or is it two separates?) Anyway- I'd like to find out what you have available? DaveB, ChCh, NZ

Reply to
tractorb