ACER AL1721 Dead

My TFT monitor Acer AL1721 died after only 2-3 years. It seems like the power is missing. External powersupply is OK.

How do I enter the monitor. I have removed the 4 screws til the stand and the 4 screws to backpanel. But nothing seems to fall appart....

Reply to
Sikkert_mig

Most of the LCD monitors are held together with internal plasic snaps located around the edge where the top and bottom pieces fit together After removing the corner screws, use a flat blade screwdriver to pry the two halves apart. I start at the bottom and try to insert the screwdriver in the seam and slowly turn the handle. A wide blade screwdriver is best. After you break upen the inital plastic catch, you can slide the blade along the seam to open the other snaps. Some of the snaps can be quite difficult to open. Hope this helps... John

Reply to
jdgill

Thanks. I found more screws hidden behind a little plasticcover at botton of the back cover. After they were removed, I could do like you told. I could remove the front frame, and then take out the Flatpanel and electronic.

On the power PCB I found a bad soldering at L102. It can have been bad from the manufactor, and then overheated due to bad connection. I will try resoldering. Johnny

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com skrev:

Reply to
Sikkert_mig

It=B4s now up and running. L 102 was bad soldered from manufacture, due to the insolation on the copperwire.

Reply to
Sikkert_mig