A speaker for tv.

Does anybody know where I can buy a wireless speaker for my tv set.I want to place the speaker by my couch and turn down the tv set's built in speaker sound. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Radio Shack. You remember their slogan: "You've got questions. We've got C students wearing ties."

Reply to
Smitty Two

Their other was "You've got mail, and you're fired'.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't know of many cordless speakers (though I think X-10 has a system that will work with an existing speaker). Cordless 'phones might be a better choice.

Back in April, when I went to buy a digital TV converter, the sales-boy thought my government discount card was a credit card. I was mad, and let the manager know. Of course, it was largely his fault. Though the kid must have been living under a rock.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

:Does anybody know where I can buy a wireless speaker for my tv set.I :want to place the speaker by my couch and turn down the tv set's built :in speaker sound. :cuhulin

What you are looking for is a wireless A/V sender/receiver setup which you can find at any Ratshack or other audio store.

What you need to remember is that both ends of the wireless link need to be powered from the mains supply. That is not usually a problem at the TV end of the link but where your seat is located may be a problem. Then there is the problem that the receiving end of the link needs to be plugged into some sort of amplifying device to drive a loudspeaker where you sit. All in all not a very convenient way to go imo. You would be far better of buying a set of wireless headphones.

eg. something suitable from a wide range shown here.

Ross Herbert

Not really - the power they consume is well within reason for batteries. Although it wouldn't make sense to not mains power the transmitter. And having to mains power the receiver/speaker sort of negates the whole idea

- you might as well just run a cabled extension speaker.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

All that modern super duper technology rolling around and there are no speakers available.HUMPH!

I am not going to wear earphones or earbuds. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

It shouldn't be too difficult to locate battery operated wireless speakers (the transmitter uses a wall-wart); I passed up some rather substantial ones (solid heavy cases, features visually suggestive of careful design, not long ago, at Goodwill -- were priced at $4.99.

Michael

Reply to
msg

I bought mine on E-Bay, $40 plus shipping

Reply to
Cracker

:All that modern super duper technology rolling around and there are no :speakers available.HUMPH! : :I am not going to wear earphones or earbuds. :cuhulin

Yeah, shame about that isn't it? Could be the demand for a system such as you require is not high enough for anyone to make a buck out of...

Battery powered wireless speakers are not all that common for domestic use afaik.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Yeah, it's a shame.I want me a rich old widow woman too, can't find me one. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin