A method for cleaning printer fuser rollers

Fuser rollers can develop a band of baked-on toner which is difficult to remove because it is harder than the fuser's PTFE coating. I have developed a cleaning method which has worked well for me so far. First, wipe the roller with a swab or soft cloth and a few drops of isopropanol. Next, stick a piece of packing tape onto the roller where the toner has adhered and rub it so that it sticks well. Finally, pull off the tape in the direction of a tangent line to the curve of the roller so it 'snaps' off rather than peeling it off. It may take a few tries, but the toner should come off in large pieces. A blast of cold spray can help with stubborn deposits. It isn't necessary to remove the roller from the fuser with this method--just work in small sections and turn the roller a bit more each time.

Reply to
alphamnemonic

I've only ever had problemn with toner build up on the thermal sensor which can lead to insulated sensor and excess heat in fiuser and then toner build up on the roller, do you have wrong toner formulation or temp?

Now for the next problem repairing scratches on OPC drum and scratches on the fuser drum coating due to paper separators

Reply to
N_Cook