A followup to "AB Landola semi-acoustic guitar electrics ,c 1960s"

Some pretty pics for a change, finished pickup rewind With some 1960s Pekalit red bakelite and brass knobs that I happen to have a supply of, far more in keeping than the "original" ? grotty loking grey aluminium Japanese ones.

owner agreed (before tidying away the internal wiring)

I now know it is possible to remove pots and brasswork mounts through the soundhole

ps there may be disallowed remote linking with this host, anyone finding that please feedback here. Seems you sometimes have to repeat attempt to access .

N_Cook

Would have been nice to see some pictures larger than 200x200 pixels.

Reply to
Meat Plow

have a

that

access .

Basics of frequency response of pickups anywhere? Using a 390uH wire-ended axial choke for injector in place of guitar string and an AF generator and comparing roughly, the frequency response. The rewind was about the same at 100Hz , less at 1KHz and more at 8 KHz Presumably more insulation on the replacement wire for less distributed C, but mid-range drop ? Can't do much about the choice of wire , so doesn't leave much to play with

N_Cook

Pinched from the thread in sci.electronics.design Subject: Audio Circuit for *High* Output Impedance

which takes you to:-

Not exactly the "basic" info perhaps.

--
Geo
Reply to

A good academic treatise , but I'm more interested in the practicalities. Correlation between winding weave/dimensions/ changing magnets etc for a given constraint within a particular housing and wire type, what correlation on the output frequency characteristic.

Reply to
N_Cook