Newbe Crosscompile a ModuleDriver for arm

Hi there

Sorry for this NewBe question, I?m try o get started in using Atmel AT91RM9200 Board.

I've read a lots of how-to and so on. Now running a 2.6 Kernel on it :) I'd like to use a USB video board on it so i think i have to cross compile this driver.

My problem i doesn?t find any example through the internet which told me how to do this. Maybe someone could give me some tips.

Thanks a lot HDM

Reply to
Hans-Dominik

I think you want to ask these questions on the arm linux kernel list, if you expect any good results. Go To

and register.

Which USB Video board are you thinking of? To compile as a module, you probably want to look at an existing module to figure out what they are doing.

I did not know that there was a std driver for this. If you want to write one, then I think you better start with the virtual framebuffer driver which emulates a graphic controller in SDRAM and then add something which copies this framebuffer and sends it over the USB port.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Thanks for your answer,

I try to get the WintTV PVR USB2 with the driver from

work on the board.

It uses the v4l stuff and on my debian PC i got it work, as /dev/Video0.

do you think there is a chance to get it work with the DK.

-

Are there any examples from ATMEL which tells me how crosskompiling a module in generally works ?

regs Hans-Dominik

Reply to
Hans-Dominik

OK I was thinking the other direction - Display video on a terminal with only an USB port.

The examples that exist are in the Linux kernel. Atmel does not have any things special for USB. It is plain vanilla OpenHCI.

Look at the Linux USB configuration, select something which compiles like a module. USB Serial emulation devices should work this way. Select one, check the code and if needed, modify your code.

You may have to modify the Kconfig files to allow you to select the v4l option with USB. Did not check if that is neccessary..

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com