2" tv

Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum. Maybe you can refer me to the right one.

I have a 2" Sony Watchman that was practically never used. It will be obsolete in February. Connecting it to a digital converter doesn't seem like a good idea, because the converter would be 4 times as big and need to plug into the wall!

Do they still use these in Canada or somewhere? It would be nice to get some money for it, but most of all, I don't want to see a perfectly good tv go to waste?

(I tried to use it on a 12 day trip last spring, but ended up staying in motels with tvs, instead of sleeping in the woods.)

Reply to
mm

Make the FCC send you a new watchman with digital reception.

--

        Van Chocstraw
 >>\\\\--------------------//
Reply to
Van Chocstraw

AS usual, Canada is following the US and going digital broadcast too. No market here for that unit. Sorry....

- Tim -

--
Email - tempowl@nospam.nbnet.nb.ca (remove the nospam part)

And If I Forgot To Mention My Location, I\'m In The Fredericton Area
Reply to
Tim

Fredericton where - Alaska, Texas, Maine,----- get the idea???????

Reply to
hrhofmann

156.34.82.235 is in Canada. (aliant.net)
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How do you know that is not forged?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Well, hard as I tried, every link on Google for "Fredericton" took me to=20 Fredericton, New Brunswick. Ya, that's in Canada....

Does anyone know of a Fredericton any where else? I would like to know=20 if there's another one out there somewhere....

- Tim -

me

be

--=20 Email - snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nbnet.nb.ca (remove the nospam part)

And If I Forgot To Mention My Location, I'm In The Fredericton Area

Reply to
Tim

Google's Usenet Archive / search engine are useful for these things:

alt.tv.tech.hdtv is an apt group (with high-activity).

There are battery-powered converter boxes, e.g.

JeffM

Yeah, a 6.5" box to carry along with your 2" TV...plus a battery pack. Besides, it won't work 'out of the box' unless the TV is hacked to add an antenna port. My Watchman uses the lanyard for an antenna. I'm savvy enough to hack in an input, but the vast majority isn't.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert