Subject Author Posted Replies

Golden Rules of Troubleshooting
Anyone care to share their experience on the correct approach to troubleshooting? I'll kick off by suggesting: 1. Assume nothing. Perhaps we can assemble a list of golden rules....
66
66

Marguerite Sound Studios, 1930s/40s UK, any info
Had another go at trying to identify an "LP" sized disc I picked up somewhere. I found this reference "?Direct Cut Acetate? a system that used a cellulose acetate medium coated onto an aluminium disc...
18
18

need a source and information on a 288-5336 audio amplifier IC
I have two audio amplifier modules I scrapped out of an 8 track player many years ago. I use these to amplify the headphone outputs of two PRC77 mili tary radios tuned to six meters, so that I can...
2
2

lazy repair
One of my test power supplies in a rather large switching unit from Power One in the SPM5 series. It's basically a mainframe of sorts with power factor correction, timing and a fan on the backplane...

Replace Li-Ion cells in battery pack?
have an 18V 2.4AH battery pack for Ryobi power tools that will no longer take a charge and that the charger indicates is defective. I've taken it apart and found that it has five pairs of cells that...
17
17

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?
I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but n ot if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a...
15
15

Aiwa PAL and NTSC VHS horizontal bars
An Albanian gentleman asked me to check this for him because he has lots of tape from home, and I don't have a clue about multi system VCRs. It's an Aiwa multi system VHS model HV-MX1. It auto selects...
6
6

Boss RE20 Space Echo effects pedal
The DSP works giving a spacey output but only when the Intensity control is at 3/4 to full, so too much, and straight through input sound component very low level. Straight through, effects off, is...
5
5

Sony str-av570 problem
So recently I got a Sony STR - av 570 and I fix the problem where the surro und LED light blinks and it starts making a clicking sound but now I am hav ing a problem with the DBFB dynamic bass...

Semi-OT: Email Program
On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 12:37:26 PM UTC-5, Unquestionably Confused wrote in First (of course) turn the power off to everything. Sec

The Radio Technology Plus TE, EE and CS Journal Collection
The Radio Technology Plus TE, EE and CS Journal - - FunkTechnikPlus # Journal Collection at Internet Archive Digital Library :

Best type of battery for busking amp
Hi, what's the best type of battery for a busking amp? I have a couple of Electro Harmonix Freedom amps here. Apparently this is the original they were supplied with. Cheers, Gareth.
1
1

Hartke HA3500 amp, tube v solid-state
The owner cannot detect a difference. Other than different gain settings are obvious, how to set up and test? . I've not put a scope on there yet, but what set of parameters to confirm there is a...

Consumer electronics "war stories"
OK, so it appears there is very little to discuss on this group in areas like repairing audio components, amps, receivers, power supplies, etc these days. I "tune in" here almost daily and rarely find...
95
95

Wrong kind of tinning?
Pure tin tinning on a component which should have had derogated Pb/Sn tinning? The normal RoHS cheap component getting into the premium priced aerospace/military/medical traditional-solder product...
16
16