need a source and information on a 288-5336 audio amplifier IC

I have two audio amplifier modules I scrapped out of an 8 track player many years ago. I use these to amplify the headphone outputs of two PRC77 mili tary radios tuned to six meters, so that I can monitor on speaker. These mo dules fit perfectly so I need to retain them if possible. The modules put o ut about 4 watts each. One module is shorted and it appears to be a bad amp lifier chip. There are two output IC's bearing the above number in each mod ule. I can't find a listing for this anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks, Len ny

Reply to
captainvideo462009

listing for this anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks, Lenny

are these DIP ic's ? and if so, what pin count are they and do they have the middle legs bonded together from the package?

I can give you a couple of numbers to look at to comparson.

LM380, LM377

etc.. Spregue made some direct replacements etc..

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Take some readings off the pins of the working one, while it still is, and try repinning some modern replacement to the shorted one. On removing that , maybe some other number on the underside of it.

Reply to
N_Cook