Subject Author Posted Replies

Sony Bravia TV and HDMI input
My cable company is switching over to all digital and forcing the use of a Digital Transport Adapter (DTA). If I look at the channel on HDMI vs RF, the picture is smaller with a large boarder around...
3
3

Toshiba 22C1000U LCD TV - No Signal
Great little TV until this morning when it indicates "No Video." I went thru all the setup menus but nothing for troubleshooting or setting for video. I moved it to another connector with a good...
1
1

Sony 8M video player EV-P10U - won't eject! Help!
Hello..I cannot eject the tape. It will not play, rewind either. It is a VERY special home video tape that I don't want to damage. I cannot find any local repair shop to look at it and even SONY says...
2
2

SOLVED: How to list all devices on the Windows or Linux home network
Thanks Whiskers for figuring out how to finally list all the devices on the network from the desktop/laptop computer. This worked: $ wget "" $ mv "download?plat=lx64&ext=deb" $ sudo dpkg -i ./ $ sudo...
2
2

Belkin UPS help
Just wondered if anyone here has any info or experience with an old Belkin UPS: Model No BU308000 (ukDB). its 800va /480W. The one I have here works fine except the float charge for the 12v 9Ah...

Transformer shot! (was scope SMPS/ capacitor venting)
Hi all, I've completed my tests of the main transformer and am now 99% certain that it is the cause of all the problems I've been experiencing with this old analogue scope. It's clear there's...
138
138

testing numerous AA batteries sitting around?
Over the last several years, I've had projects come and go requiring mostly the use of both alkaline and lithium AA batteries. As some of the oldest batteries have ended up leaking, what's a good way...
15
15

Cold stair lift motor
I'm looking at adding a resistor or bulb inside an Acorn stair lift motor housing to keep the temperature about 40degF. The unit is in an unheated area and temps get too low for the motor to turn...
9
9

Mesa Boogie Mark 3, Blue Stripe, 1989
Fell over in the van and broke 3 front pot shafts, of course each compound with push/pull switches, like the other 4 front controls. "repaired" by someone with a little knowlege is a dangerous thing....
5
5

Seeking manual/documentation for Coherent Model 42 CO2 Laser
Hello all, I am looking for a copy of the manual and other documentation for the operation and repair of a Coherent Model 42 CO2 Laser unit. I contacted Coherent directly and they don't have any...
1
1

which battery for my UPS??
I have a Cyberpower 550VA USP whose battery needs replaced. I see many options during googling, but I'd like to find something that will last. I know some of the generics aren't the greatest....
14
14

Returning to that Scope SMPS Problem...
Hi again, I know I said I was going to mothball this scope for the time being, but I keep thinking of new things to try and just can't leave the damn thing alone. It struck me I ought to next check...
21
21

Baby Monitors. Yep.
I've a client that needs something like an expandable Baby Monitor system. Like one base station and ten "parent units". It appears that they are on ly made with one base and maximum of 2 parent units...
8
8

plug print related to ground ?
male plug print eg on a Verizon mifi receiver charging cable reads Model number xxxx I cccc I DO NOT EAT BBZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAPP IF THE FEMALE PLUG HAS A GROUND PIN how insert male plug ? print start at...
1
1

LED Christmas lights have a series lump, what is it for?
I have noticed that about half of the LED Christmas light strings have a "l ump" about 1.5 inches long and 1/2 inch diameter in series with the lights, which have polarized sockets. I assume that it...
8
8