Subject Author Posted Replies

samsung refrigerator RB 29H mainboard
l am working on a Samsung refrigerator RB29H with a colleague. on switching the the machine the inside fan will start working in a few minutes but the condenser fan at the back and the compressor will...

Shortest period to switch off electronic equipent for before switching on
As a rule of thumb, what's the shortest period to switch off electronic equipment for a reset before switching on? I mean equipment like televisions, PVR, satellite or cable boxes, PCs, cordless...
29
29

iPad screen - bar in middle - anyone found a fix?
Has anyone here taken apart an iPad (original - cellular) screen to repair the problem of a fat (1" wide) band fully across the middle of the screen? The band runs horizontally in the normal (narrow...
9
9

ISP1181A vs ISP1181B
Hi, I need to try and replace the USB chip in a rather old device. The original chip is ISP1181BBS. I can't find this to buy, but can get ISP1181ABS. Datasheets are here, but both appear to be pretty...
1
1

Germanium Diode Data sheets
It seems the most "famous" germanium diode was the 1N34(A). Heck, I remember that number from way back.... I googled up a data sheet for ALL germanium diodes. (Assuming they are all listed), it seems...
14
14

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?
I know that Radio Shack has manuals for their products online, or at least they used to. I'm looking for a manual/schematic for an older Archer A/V mixer. Archer Model: 15-1263. dont seem to have any...
22
22

EPROMs nearing end of life?
The EPROMs in one of my machines are at least 32 years old. Reading online about EPROMs it seems that maybe my old devices are nearing the end of the life of the memory contents. So I'm thinking I...
19
19

C. P. Clare relay catalogs
Anybody got one they want to get rid of, or links to them on line? Specifically for the Octal (8-pin) based mercury wetted relays.
4
4

Drain motor for Whirlpool WDF750SAYW0.
My dishwasher isn't draining. The drain lines are clean. I removed the drain pump motor and the first thing I noticed was that when you begin to turn it by hand, there is a lot of resistance from what...
7
7

EPROM success!
The replacement circuit board arrived yesterday afternoon. I very carefully grounded myself as well as the new and old boards. Then, taking the care of a watchmaker, removed and inserted the 6 EPROMs....
8
8

STR-W6000S power IC
l am working on a refrigerator board which uses STR-W6000S power ic The res istor to pin 3 of the ic is burnt beyond recognition. l tried to find out f rom the manufacturers data sheet but all the...
5
5

Ground is no longer at ground potential
Scientists have determined that ground is no longer at ground potential. It dont matter if you're referring to the ground for your home's electrical system, or the chassis ground in an electronic...
38
38

Florescent light fixture gone bad
I have a "Lights of America" Florescent fixture (4 ft - 2 bulb shop light). Only one bulb would light. New bulbs did not fix it. Only one side of the fixture worked. (Always the same side). I finally...
13
13

Another EPROM question.
I would like to read what is in the old EPROMs in my machine. They contain the ladder programming for the machine. I cannot get a copy of this ladder from Miyano, who made the lathe and wrote the...
4
4

Old EPROM questions
All that know, I have a machine tool made in 1985 that has, apparently, a faulty circuit board. This board has EPROMs on it that I will need to remove and insert into a replacement board that is...
12
12