ISP1181A vs ISP1181B

Hi,

I need to try and replace the USB chip in a rather old device.

The original chip is ISP1181BBS. I can't find this to buy, but can get ISP1181ABS.

Datasheets are here, but both appear to be pretty much identical.

B:

So, this is kind of a generic question - what what kind of difference might you expect between these different revisions, and is it worth a punt to replace the B version with the A version and hope it will work? The unit is toast as it is, the worst case scenario is it will still be toast with an A chip installed, but I have to buy the A chip to find out.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

It's close enough where I don't see it doing any harm if it's somehow not compatible. In fact, the datasheet seems to be a cut and past except for the A and B suffix.

Reply to
ohger1s