1.250" dia speaker

So, my Uniden cordless handsets are 5 years old, been dropped TMT. The ringer speakers are kaput. They are regular cone type, 1.250" dia. Any Suggestions for source? Rat Shack-no go. Google is worthless. JR

JR North

Uniden is legally obliged to provide service parts. If they refuse, there's nothing much you can do about it, but I'd at least bend their ear. Hard.

You might ask Uniden if a current model uses the same speaker.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

On 3/10/2011 2:16 PM JR North spake thus:

Radio Shack? You must be joking! Try a real electronics vendor.

Digi-Key, f'rinstance, shows a bunch of little bitty speakers in their catalog. Like a "miniature monitor speaker", 32mm square, p/n

102-1302-ND. (Dunno if this'll work, being square instead of round, but they may have others of that size. You can search their online catalog at
The phrase "jump the shark" itself jumped the shark about a decade ago.

- Usenet
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Since when? Certainly if they are, there's a time limit - ie 1 year after model is discontinued.

their ear. Hard.

So wait - they're legally obliged but there's nothing you can do if they don't? Doesn't make sense.

Evan Platt

Try mouser.com .

Evan Platt

Since a long time ago. It used to be 3 years for cosmetic/trim parts, 5 years for mechanical parts, 10 years for electrical/electronic components. The laws appear to have been weakened, and no one seems interested in enforcing them.

It makes perfect sense, if it costs too much money to drag them into court.

Laws are effective only to the extent that people or businesses are willing to obey them, and governments to enforce them.

Call Uniden. Tell them that if they don't supply a replacement at a reasonable cost, you'll toss the phones in the trash, and will never buy Uniden products again.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

And they will say "Fine with us, but you should know that disposing of electronic items that way is illegal in some locales".

Isaac

Reply to
isw

How about eBay for same/similar handsets? If you get lucky it could be less $$ than the parts!

Reply to
martinmarty

Then you say, "If you provided service parts, as the law requires, I wouldn't be obliged to dump them."

Reply to
William Sommerwerck