With so many different types of microcontrollers and manufacturers on the market, it is rather difficult to know where to begin.
What I need is something that has the following features:
- very small in size
- very low power consumption
- at least 64 k of storage purely for storing data (this is in addition to my program's space)
- some sort of interface to connect the microcontroller to a PC (RS232, USB, etc) to allow the microcontroller app to transfer logged data.
- an interface to communicate with a serial peripheral (RS232 would probably do)
- low cost or free Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with debugging capabilities
- low cost or free C or Basic compiler (or some other high level language)
- low cost hardware kit for flashing the microcontroller and debugging
The applications running on the microcontroller will generally be small. Also, if it isn't possible to have at least 64 k of built-in memory, I can live with adding the memory externally but the enhancement should be easy to do.
Can anyone please make any suggestions on any products / manufacturers that have what I am looking for.
Thank you Johann Blake